Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Seven Psychopaths





"Life affirming, Schmife affirming. It's about seven fucking psychopaths"

Seven Psychopaths tells the story of how this author Marty (Collin Ferrel) wants to write a book about seven psychopaths and is helped by his dog kidnapper friend Billy(Sam Rockwell), who runs his business with an older friend Hans(Walken). Shit hits the fan when the kidnappers take the pet dog of a mob boss, Charlie (Woody Harrelson). Saying anything more will seriously turn down the excitement of the movie, because surprise is a big and very important element here.

Wow, what a cast, Walken, Harellson. Did not imagine Colin Ferell in that kind of a role. I really thought that he would be one of the psychopaths for sure. And Sam Rockwell. It's a surprise why this dude doesn't get more movies. I really adored him in Moon(2009). In this one my favor for him like doubled! Such a good actor.   

The introduction of the psychopaths is pretty poetic. The second one is my favorite. Man that was a chilling introduction to that character. The twists are too mindblowing. In my opinion one of the overrated movies that everyone seems to love is Zodiac(1997). From that I learned about the Zodiac Killer. The way they sneaked in the Zodiac is pretty nice too. The his execution, so horrifying and frankly beautiful.

Sometimes its gut wrenching to see that people that you'd never hope getting killed horribly. In that sense it is very very unpredictable. But what makes this a damn good dark comedy is, sometimes the deaths just jumps out of nowhere. It's so shocking, so much so that it's DAMN FUNNY. Like "WTF, that just did not happen" funny. 

It takes a different path altogether from the way I imagined it would be. I thought that it was gonna be more like a heist movie or something. But I can't really seem to find an adequate label at all for this. It stands out from the rest. I wouldn't be lying if this is the best movie I've watched so far this year. 





No comments:

Post a Comment